Struggling to find hand sanitizer? Try this easy to make recipe at home
- Rubbing alcohol (Isopropyl alcohol)
- Aloe Vera gel
- Tea Tree essential oil
- Suitable bottle such as a squeeze bottle
How do you do it?
- Fill your bottle about 70% with the alcohol.
- Add a few drops of Tee Tree essential oil. Smells great and has shown to have some antibacterial properties in some studies. You can use any other essential oil you prefer.
- Top up your bottle with the Aloe Vera gel. This will make the solution kinder to your skin.
- Replace the cap and give the bottle a really good shake and you’re done. Ideally leave 72 hours for the solution to settle before you use it.
The consistency of this solution does vary a little which is why we would suggest a squeeze bottle. It may not be quite as effective as the shop bought version as the alcohol content can vary a little but a great option when you can’t get hold of any.
eaglesolidsurface March 17th, 2020
Posted In: News